Thursday, May 28, 2009

Organization

For those of you that don't know, I am quite possibly the most unorganized person on the entire planet (just ask my parents, husband, college roommates). I'm trying to turn a new leaf, especially before we move. This site give amazing tips for organizing your life. Also, I'm an Organizing Junkie gives great tips (including Menu Planning Monday, which I plan on participating in).
I've been cleaning out all of my old clothes...I still have some from high school! Do I really need them? No. So I've taken 3 trash bags full of clothes to the Goodwill. Our closet now fits both of our clothes, plus I have more space in my dresser (I was used to having 2 before we got married...it's amazing how much you realize you don't need when space is cut in 1/2). Now if only I could get Mr. Happily-ever-after to get rid of some of his old clothes (My personal favorite is a maroon t-shirt from undergrad that was mended, def. not by me, with pink thread - seriously, he has a TON, this one needs to be tossed, not worn).
I've also gone through all of our kitchen 'stuff.' I threw away anything that said "Made in China." Due to the threat of ingesting lead-based paint, no one needs that. Then I made a donation pile of drink ware we've collected (mostly wine glasses) and do not need any more. Other items around the house are either being donated or auctioned on ebay (like the NASCAR wheel for the Mr's XBox 360 that he just had to have, binders from my school days, and other misc. items from around the house). Luckily, my mom volunteers with Relay for Life and many things were given for their rummage sale (you know, those wedding gifts that are nice, but just not really your taste).
I seriously wish that I had pictures of how much we've gotten rid of in the past month or so....More organization updates to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment