Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baby Shower

My older sister is very pregnant (she has told me that it hurts to sit down at this point), and her baby shower is next weekend. Now, I know that I am a procrastinator, but I honestly did not mean to put off the bulk of planning until now. It's been too crazy with finishing up, cleaning, and packing. Oh, and I don't live near my parents' house (the location for the shower).
Anyways, Martha Stewart has provided so much inspiration for this weekend. Maybe I will come up with something cute like those to the right or the clothes
line. Now for game, I'm thinking nothing too cutesy because my family is not really into that type of thing. I like the idea of setting a timer and the person that brought the gift that is being opened when the timer goes off wins. Any other ideas? A friend told me to have races to see who can put a cloth diaper on a doll the fastest, although I am not sure how I feel about this.
I have everything to make a diaper cake, although I doubt that mine will be as cute as this one. Mr. Happily-ever-after and I spent weeks shopping around and pricing out everything (since we're still on a one income/grad-school budget)...diapers are expensive when you think about it (13 cents per diaper x8-9 per day adds up, and the money spent literally gets thrown away). I plan on putting things that go with diapering (ointment, wipes, refill cartridge for diaper pail, etc) in the center on each tier.
We (the guests and I) will be eating lite, shower-type foods since the theme is a tea party. These cupcakes are uber cute, but I'm not talented enough to pull this off. Hopefully everything will come together, and a good time will be had by all. Pictures will be posted as to how everything turns out.



*note, all pictures for this post were taken from the baby shower idea section of Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment